Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Flock:The Social Web Browser



So I've been using Mozilla's Firefox for a couple years now because its the web browser I am most comfortable with. About a year ago, my older brother kept urging me to try this semi-new web browser called Flock. He said its the new cool thing and its a lot more convenient for me to use since I mostly use the Internet to socialize with people/friends. I gave it a try but didn't really enjoy it only because I wasn't use to it and it was pretty slow, so I went back to Firefox.


However, I was thinking about it the other day and decided to give Flock another try. After being in this seminar (New Media Frontiers) I appreciate Flock a lot more! Its actually a very smart idea to create a social web browser since online behavior is now focusing more on interaction and communication. Flock delivers a more personal experience with the web.


One thing that I really like about it is a special feature called the People Sidebar. This sidebar loads all of your friends and as long as you are logged on to a site (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) your friends will stay up while you travel the web.


The the sidebar you can:


  • share with your friends by dragging and dropping photos, videos, and text from web pages

  • interact with your friends, jump to their profile, send a message, and more

  • load your friends' photos and videos directly into the Media Minibar (another feature on Flock)

I think Flock is a pretty good web browser. If you want to give it a try you can download it from here



No comments:

Post a Comment